The Art of Fiction: A Guide for Writers and Readers
David Mitchell
To the Lighthouse
Virginia Woolf
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Edward Gibbon, Daniel J. Boorstin, Gian Battista Piranesi, Hans-Friedrich Mueller
Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid
William James
Twenty Questions: An Introduction to Philosophy
G. Lee Bowie, Robert C. Solomon

George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt

George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt - Lucy Hawking, Stephen Hawking, Garry Parsons I didn't enjoy this one as much as [b:George's Secret Key to the Universe|1111741|George's Secret Key to the Universe|Lucy Hawking|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51QUIjsfBJL._SL75_.jpg|857108], but it wasn't bad. Max enjoyed it and, like the last one, it got him asking questions about planets, galaxies and science in general.My biggest complaint was that while there is some science interwoven throughout the story, which seems aimed at 7 to 11 year olds, the "real" science is isn't part of the main plot. It is separated into small sections that come in the middle of chapters and is written for a much more mature audience. I had to read them silently to myself then explain them to Max in terms he could understand to avoid having his eyes glaze over completely.So, even though the writing isn't stellar, the Cosmic Treasure Hunt accomplishes its purpose; it's entertaining for kids and gets them excited for further scientific inquiry.